Cathy Herschell, DTM, Immediate Past District Director
Introducing the Distrist 86 Reformation information page.
District 86 has grown since the formation on July 1, 2008 now with over 240 clubs we have been directed by the Toastmasters International board of directors, to form a committee to prepare a detailed analysis.
Below you will find information about the district reformation process.
Additional information will be added as it becomes available.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me.
Cathy Herschell, DTM, IPDD
District 86 Reformation
Reformation Committee Members
Please welcome these committee members, they all have a great deal of experience to bring to this committee. The reformation committe, District Leadership Committee and the Alignment Committee will be working together on segments of the report proposal.
|Chair||Cathy Herschell, DTM, IPDD|
|A||Lisa des Vignes, DTM|
|B||Eva Britton, DTM|
|C||Sharon D'Souza, DTM|
|D||Kyla Werrett, DTM|
|L||Myrna Barthe, DTM|
|M||Mike Proudlock, DTM|
|N||Colleen Charland, DTM|
|S||Diane Gordon, DTM|
|T||Neil Dunsmore, MS1|
|W||Keith Stoltz, DTM|
|DLC CHAIR||Carolyn Hoxie, DTM, PDG|
|ALIGNMENT CHAIR||Cindy Tate, PI2|
|September 11, 2018||Direction letter from WHQ|
|September 24, 2018||Committee members approved by WHQ||complete|
|October 13, 2018||Committee members began their work||ongoing|
|November 3, 2018||Committee Chair update presentation to DEC||complete|
|January 12, 2019||Committee Chair update presentation to DEC|
|February 18, 2019||Committee proposal review to TRIO||complete|
|February 23, 2019||Report Proposal to DEC & adopted||complete|
|March 9, 2019||Final report finalized||complete|
|March 14, 2019||Report distribution to District Council|
|April 13, 2019||Report Presentation to Disctrict Council|
|April 27, 2019||Report submission to WHQ|
|TBC||Approval from WHQ|
|April 2020||District elects 1- DD, 2- PQD & 2- CGD|
|April 2021||District elects 2- DD, 2- PQD & 2- CGD (one for each district)|
|July 1, 2021||New Districts begin|
Reformation Report : March, 2019
Reformation Protocol 7 : needs analyis
If the Board approves the request or directs a reformation, the district director appoints a reformation committee to conduct a detailed needs analysis that includes the following:
- Map of proposed boundaries demonstrating that the reformed districts will have no fewer than 100 clubs each
- Number of clubs, club strength, growth trends, growth potential, population, education, languages spoken, and geographic influences for both districts
- Reasons why the reformation is in the best interests of the members, the clubs, the districts, and Toastmasters International
- Implementation strategy
- Marketing plan projecting growth and identifying key market opportunities for both districts
- Succession plan identifying qualified future leaders in both districts
- Financial projections demonstrating the anticipated income and expense for both districts
The needs analysis is submitted to the Chief Executive Officer for review with the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee provides its recommendation to the Board.
Letter of Direction: September 11, 2018