Come to the best part of the Fall 2015 Conference - The District 86 Council Business Meeting! It's free and open for anyone to attend! However, please note, only ballot holders can participate in the meeting.
When: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Where: Blue Mountain Resort
Address: 108 Jozo Weider Blvd., Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y 3Z2
The latest international news from the 2015 International Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, as well as what's happening in District 86 will be presented. Stay informed!
Who Can Vote
- The president and vice president education of each club have one vote. If neither can attend the District 86 Council Business Meeting, another active member of the club can be assigned both proxies. Once assigned the proxy holder cannot transfer the proxy to another member.
- District Executive Committee members have one vote. This vote cannot be assigned via proxy.
- The proxy is emailed one month ahead of time to all voting members
- To assign a proxy, you can use the proxy form attached in the email or it is available as a download here
- The president and vice president education completes the form and assigns the proxy to an active member of their club who will be attending the District 86 Council Business Meeting
- If the proxy-holder forgot the proxy at home it can be faxed to the Blue Mountains Resort Fax: 705.444.1751
- If the president or vice president education forgot to assign the proxy, the information can be emailed from the club president or vice president education to the proxy-holder. The email must contain: the district number; a description of the event (i.e. District 86 Council Business Meeting); the date and location of the meeting (i.e. Nov. 14, 2015, Blue Mountains); the club name and number; the name of the club president or vice president education; the name of the active member who will be attending as the proxy-holder. The date of the email will be the date of the proxy. The proxy-holder must print out the email and present the printed copy to the credentials desk.
How to Vote
You must register at the credentials desk (next to registration desk). The hours are:
Friday, November 13: 2:00 PM - 6:45 PM and 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Saturday, November 14: 7:00 AM - 7:50 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:45 PM
At the credentials desk:
- The president or vice president education will be given their ballot(s)
- The proxy-holder will be given their ballot(s) in exchange for their completed proxy form
- The District Executive Committee members will be given their ballot
- Copies of the reports and minutes will be available as well.
If you are attending the District 86 Council Business Meeting only, please be at the credentials desk no later than 3:20 PM on Saturday. If you arrive at 3:45 PM you will not be in time to receive your ballot.
The credentials desk will close at 3:45 PM in order to allow sufficient time to calculate attendance and establish whether there is quorum. Coffee will be available as a courtesy.
The District 86 Council Business Meeting will start at 4:00 PM on Saturday, November 14.
Rather than attending only the District 86 Council Business Meeting, we encourage you to attend the entire conference!
The last day to register is Nov. 6th. You can register here.
We look forward to seeing you there!