North: Owen Sound
East : Guelph
What's new in our Division:
Congratulations to Tammy Hunt for placing 1st in Table Topics contest at the District Level. Way to go!
DTM - Please help me and congratulate the following members of Division T for achieving their Distinguished Toastmasters designation, the highest rank in Toastmasters!
Bray, David Bruce
Hunt, Tammy M. J.
Weber, David R.
Message from Division T Director
Welcome to the Division T Webpage. With an amazing team of individuals who are experienced, passionate about Toastmasters and who offer innovative approach and efficiency, this is one awesome Division.
This year, one of the goals for our Division T is to get back to the basics and keep things simple for our members.
Our #1 GOAL this year is to build a strong Division.
1) Appreciate our members
2) Share the importance of DCP reports, rewards and achievements
3) Collaborate and share resources
4) Connectivity using technology
We want to hear from you and how we can make things better, sent me a line any time!
Toastmasters and how it can help you?
In addition to being a leader in improving public speaking and leadership development, is also a leader in building better social skills. According to Fast Company, “Overall, hiring managers found soft skills such as communication, leadership, ownership, and teamwork were missing in this new crop of workers.”
• Local Corporations, such as Linamar, The Co-operators, Royal Canin (new), Rockwell Automation (new), RWDI (new), and Blountly, all have a Toastmasters Club - in some cases sponsor the membership
Toastmasters clubs brings the community and people together. It fosters a community of change and improvement one-on-one intercommunication skills while in a face –to-face group setting. Individuals gain greater self-confidence while learning to conquer the number one fear of public speaking. Individuals are empowered to overcome obstacles that were thought to be insurmountable.
• Social – We have seen a number of members who join toastmaster simply for social interactions
• Medical – practice speaking skills, especially if those who are clinically diagnosed with speech impediment, ie stuttering, lisps
Toastmaster is a Non-profit organization with vast uses and addresses the concern for the various needs of others and strives to better the community for all.
• Value, Affordable.
Visit a club and open your doors to endless possibilities.
Club Growth Extension Lead:
Are you a Toastmaster looking for Leadership opportunities (such as club mentor, coach or looking to sponsor a new club)? Please Contact Glen Oxford for more information.