Are you Ready for the Smedley Award Membership Contest?
What is it?
In honour of Toastmasters founder Ralph Smedley, can your club add five new, dual, or reinstated members between August 1 and September 30?
Applications and payments for members who join between August 1 and September 30 must be received at World Headquarters or online no later than September 30. Each member's join date as listed on the application must be for August or September. The addition of transfer and charter members does not count toward “Smedley Award” credit.
The winning clubs will be revealed online within a few weeks of the contest ending. Winning clubs in District 86 should allow up to 21 business days.
When Does It Run?
Program Dates: August 1 – September 30
What’s In It For My Club?
- You’ll qualify to receive a "Smedley Award" ribbon to display on your club’s banner.
- Plus!! qualifying clubs earn a special discount code for 10-percent off their next club order. (fine print: The discount code expires six months from the date of issue and is not valid with any other offer.)
- Plus Plus!! District will reward your club with a $25 Toastmasters Gift Certificate to use towards your club supplies!
Isn’t that a great deal?
What’s In It For You?
Invite your friends, family and co-workers to visit your club meeting. If your guests join, you will receive credit as a New Member Sponsor! (provided your name and home club number are listed on the new member application form). Sponsor five new members and receive a unique blue pin.
Why Is it Important To Add New Members?
- More people can fill meeting and officer roles
- No one member is overburdened with responsibilities
- Meetings are more fun, because more people are involved
- It’s easier for a club to help members meet their educational needs
- More members means more people benefitting from Toastmasters!
- Ribbon for your club banner!
How to Process New Member on Club Central for Contest Periods
Be sure to process your new club members within the contest period to be eligible. Follow these directions >>>
So... are you ready... for Smedley?